Predictions for Ed Tech in 2010
This article in the THE Journal outlines five ed-tech trends expected to gain traction in 2010:
1. eBooks will continue to proliferate.
2. Netbook functionality will grow.
3. More teachers will use interactive whiteboards.
4. Personal devices will infiltrate the classroom.
5. Technology will enable tailored curricula.
Barry Bachenheimer, who writes the A Plethora of Technology blog, weighs in on some of the challenges that will need to be overcome for these predictions to come true. For example, Bachenheimer wonders whether interactive whiteboards are truly an effective learning tool and how it's possible to get eBooks, as well as eBook readers, into the hands of students.
What do you think? Are these reasonable predictions for the direction of ed tech in the new year? What would you add or take away from this list?