2) The Dean Scream!: My title is false advertising, but Dean's penned two great posts on the skoolboy/Kevin Carey exchange on policymaking and The New Teacher Project report. And on Dean's earlier post on the medical and teaching professions, Going to the Mat's soccer fiend deconstructs the medicine/education comparison. Go Fulham!
3) Corey Glory: Having walloped his finals, Thoughts on Education Policy returns with a post on the Ed Sector's teacher survey.
4) Cerf n Turf, Sans Red Herring: The Gotham Gazette's got the goods from a recent forum on grading NYC schools (Diane Ravitch, Pedro Noguera, Randi Weingarten, Chris Cerf, and Esmeralda Simmons).
5) Nothing to Lose But Your Chains: Joel at So You Want to Teach? has kicked off his "Blog Revolution Project."
6) Harvard's Gossip Girl Makes Z Cavaricci's Look Cool: The best teenage drama since My So-Called Life spawns another knockoff. If they can spot Roland Fryer in gym shorts, you won't hear me complaining.
7) Newt Stumps for E.D.: Who needs Bob Dole when you've got Gingrich? Strikes me as an unlikely candidate to keynote unless you're hosting a conference on giraffe hunting or "the language of living in a ghetto" (i.e. any language but English). At least former ED in '08 spokesperson Kanye West just raps about drunk and hot girls.