What Can We Learn...
If we allow ourselves to...we can learn more from a bad situation than we can from the good ones. Bad situations force us to dig a little deeper, and reflect a little harder. After three years or more of some negative situations in education it's time to look at what we can learn from this. There must be something that we can do in our own practices to make things a bit more positive.
We don't control the accountability coming at us, and we certainly don't control testing but we do have input into our daily interactions with students and we must allow them to have input with us. So I understand this is a bit of a Seth Godin...esque type blog but when I drive into school every morning I ask myself the following.
- What can we do differently to make our days more positive?
- How can I meet the needs of my students differently than I did last year?
- What can I do as a principal to help alleviate some of the stress for teachers and students?
- How can we still find ways to be innovative when it's easy to choose not to?
- How can we come together as a building and build a better community?
- Where do we go from here?
Connect with Peter on Twitter