High School Highlights
A quick update on a few things worth looking at in the "high school space," in EdWeek and elsewhere:
- Details from Ed Secretary Arne Duncan about the conditions under which $3.5 billion in Title I School Improvement Grants is going to be doled out (And yes, there really is a big middle-and-high-school connection here.);
- Washington Post education columnist Jay Mathews discusses what could be the leading edge of a trend: colleges accepting AP test scores instead of those from the SAT or ACT;
- A week-long rumination by experts, hosted by the National Journal, on how students should be prepared for college;
- An interesting online chat at edweek.org about stagnation of math achievement in high school;
- A new report on the challenges Latinas face in finishing high school.