Each Friday this month (or more), I'll post some ideas, folks to follow, and blog pieces about Black history, the work Black teachers are doing and how they are engaging in this month with their students.
- Liz Dwyer has an excellent discussion with students at Philidelphia's Science and Leadership Academy on Black culture and colorism on TakePart.
- Renee Moore wrote an excellent piece on CTQ's blog on the need to listen to parents, especially those of Black students, at our schools to push on our biases as educators
- Melissa Harris-Perry wrote a searing and difficult piece about a troubling confrontation she faced. It acts as an essential reminder to us all about how much work needs to me done.
- PBS's Independent Lens has a documentary on Black Panthers that has an educator's guide.
- Rusul Alrubail has an awesome resource list with everything from PBS to some awesome educators. Check it out!
Did I miss anything great? Let me know in the comments!
Find Christina online: : @biblio_phile : /christinawrites