Those who can, Tweet! What Would You #AskObama?
The White House is holding the first ever Twitter Town Hall. Let's make sure he gets plenty of questions from the teachers of America!
At 2pm EDT, Wednesday, July 6th, President Obama will participate in the first Twitter town hall at the White House to discuss the economy and jobs with Americans across the country. The entire event will be streamed live at WhiteHouse.gov/live.
1. When will you advocate low-stakes tests for the children of the nation, as you have at the school attended by your daughters?
2. How can we inspire the creativity and collaboration we need when tests measure such a narrow range of information?
3. Race to the Top promotes pay & Teacher evals for test scores. How can this NOT encourage teaching to the test?
4. Research shows the 4 turnaround strategies promoted by DoEd are not working. When will we see some more creative approaches?
5. If you oppose teaching to the test, how come the Dept of Ed continues to mandate school closures based on test scores?
6. Given that research shows charter schools to be no more successful than public schools, why so much emphasis on their expansion?
7. If you honor the teaching profession, why have you allowed lower standards for entering?
8. When will you be putting on your comfy shoes to march with teachers to defend their right to collective bargaining?
9. How about joining the Save Our Schools March July 30th to show your support for our nation's teachers and students?
How about you? Have you got some pithy questions for our President? No more than 140 characters, remember!