It's a Great Time to be a Teacher!
In years past, especially graduating at the end of Fall semester, teachers have had a difficult time finding full-time employment. Teachers in hard to fill areas have had less of a struggle, but mid-year employment is always a bit more difficult.
This Fall is a great time to be a teacher, especially a new teacher (first career or career changer)!
Many districts across the country will have full-time openings for second semester. These jobs will be posted now and through mid-December.
What do I need to do if I am looking for employment for second semester?
Start watching for openings and applying online now!
- Remember most districts are closed for winter break and want their openings staffed prior to break.
- If there are not any openings in your endorsement area, apply to be a substitute.
- Many districts will keep you busy, part-time to full-time, just filling in as a substitute.
- Being a substitute allows you to network and make building connections for when positions do become available.
- If you are just now looking into becoming a teacher and are not sure it is the right avenue for you, try substitute teaching.
Amy Spruce, Human Resources
Adams 12 Five Star Schools