What Do Parents & Administrators Know About You?
Welcome Back Educators! This is week 2 of... The ABC's of Being a "Professional" Educator
How's your Online image?
Any chance you could be putting your professional role at RISK?
True or False?
- If you are in a photo posted online, you have the right to ask for it to be taken down?
- If you "retweet" something on Twitter, you are just as responsible for the content of the tweet as the original author?
- If you break the law using a school computer, it is the school that is responsible?
- It's okay to write messages about people so long as they cannot be identified from your message?
- Your boss can give you disciplinary action for posting offensive messages about your students or colleagues online?
- You cannot be prosecuted for a message you have deleted?
- Human rights and freedom of speech laws give you the legal right to post anything you want even if it is offensive to somebody?
Answers: 1.T 2.T 3.F 4.F 5.T 6.F 7.F
Don't make the mistake believing your personal/professional "images" are separate... being oblivious to the devastating consequences of posting really stupid things in cyberspace could end your career.
Parents & administrators are catching on and checking up!
What kind of Role Model will you be?
See you next week!
Jane E. Hussey, Coordinator
Marie Sullivan, Director