April 2010 Archives

Question: I graduated from college in spring 2009 as a physical education major, but I realize my love is special education(moderate). I never certified in physical education, but my question is should I go back to school and get another bachelor degree in special education or should I try to get a master degree in special education? From Reader MB2003 Answer: If you have a love for special education, you can see if there is a university or state program that offers a certification for special education so you wouldn't have to go back for another bachelor's degree. My ...

What advice would you offer future teachers as they search for a teaching position? This question was asked in a survey sent to over 700 teachers in North Carolina, with 344 responding. The purpose of the survey was to collect data that will ultimately help current education students understand the job search process and develop their job search strategies. This survey was administered from April 15- June 30, 2009. Here is their advice: • Be patient -"BE PATIENT! Sometimes it takes awhile for positions to become available, I got my job just a few weeks before the new school year ...




Recent Comments

  • jpaz: Great advice! I appreciate the reminder to focus on areas read more
  • Thanh Hoch: Outstanding post however , I was wondering if you could read more
  • J Kurchner: Thank you for the great article. read more
  • t-pain: I clicked to tweet this but it will not work. read more
  • Alan: Good post, I just IM'd the link to a colleague read more