50 Lessons You Should Master
For our final blog on "life experiences that every graduate should know that will help him or her throughout their life," I have decided to use an article found in the Huff Post College Edition published August 24, 2015. This article is titled: Dear Graduate.....50 Life Lessons You Should Master.
A few of my favorite points they hit on were:
1. Never stop learning. Be eager to learn and absorb. No one ever said, "That is it! I am done learning all I need to know."
2. Manners go a long way. I repeat, a long way. Being polite does not make you a suck-up. It makes you likeable.
31. Don't judge. We are a society that loves to judge. We love to beat the man or woman when they are down. Reach out a hand instead. Know there are two sides to every story in life.
38. Take chances. Those who succeed... took a chance.
45. At the same time, some of life's best lessons come from pushing through something you don't love to do. It will reveal that passion. Work hard. The reward is so much sweeter.
.......And my very favorite point......
49. Laugh at yourself. If you can accomplish this then you are already miles past others in life.
With that said, I hope you enjoyed the posts this month and you will take the advice and start creating something great!
Ali Threet, Associate Director
Dixie State University
St. George, UT